When: Sunday, Oct. 6th, 2019, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Where: Placer County farms, ranches, and orchards. This is a self-guided tour and you can select your our starting point.
Cost: Admission is FREE. Please register on-line here https://2019farmandbarn.eventbrite.com.
To view the Google Map of participating farms & ranches click here.
The PlacerGROWN Farm & Barn Tour, is a self-guided expedition of farms, ranches, and vineyards in the beautiful countryside of Placer County. Visiting a working farm is a wonderful family activity, educational and entertaining for children and adults alike. Each farm venue will feature different activities, tours, and demonstrations. Locally grown produce, meats, and more will be available for purchase.
7 Tips for a great Farm & Barn Tour
1. Map your trip. Study the map and locations of farms and plan your route in advance.
2. While visiting the farms, be curious and ask questions.
3. Wear comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes.
4. Prepare for the changing weather by wearing layers. Bring a hat.
5. Keep sunscreen handy.
6. Please drive with caution on country roads.
7. Please leave pets at home. For their own safety and the safety of farm livestock; pets are NOT permitted on the farm tour.
Farms and activities on the 2019 tour include:
Coffee Pot Ranch
Colwell Thundering Herd Tasting Room
Dueling Dogs / Stephens Ranch (open until 6pm)
Fowler Ranch Pumpkin Patch
GoatHouse Brewing and Hop Farm (Open 11am-5pm)
Lincoln High School Farm
Little Bear Tree Farm
Little Field Farms
Millertown Sheep Farm
Mandarin Hill Orchard
Rickey Ranch Pumpkin Patch
Sinclair Family Farm
2019 Farm & Barn Map – Google Map link: http://bit.ly/2019FarmandBarnMap