Where: Placer County farms, ranches, and orchards
The PlacerGROWN Farm & Barn Tour, is a self-guided expedition of farms, ranches, and vineyards in the beautiful countryside of Placer County. Visiting a working farm is a wonderful family activity, educational and entertaining for children and adults alike. Each farm venue will feature different activities, tours, and demonstrations. Locally grown produce, meats, wine, and more will be available for purchase.
7 Tips for a great Farm & Barn Tour
1. Map your trip. Study the map and locations of farms and plan your route in advance.
2. While visiting the farms, be curious and ask questions.
3. Wear comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes.
4. Prepare for the changing weather by wearing layers. Bring a hat.
5. Keep sunscreen handy.
6. Please drive with caution on country roads.
7. Please leave pets at home. For their own safety and the safety of farm livestock; pets are not permitted on the farm tour.
Farms and activities on the 2017 tour include:
Lincoln High School Farm, Lincoln
6060 William Lane, Lincoln, CA 95648
Twin Peaks Orchard, Newcastle
6150 Lincoln-Newcastle Highway, Newcastle, CA 95658